ENTER BY APRIL 5TH FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN AN ANGLER PRIZE PACK! Valued at over $300!!
28th Annual Anchor Point King Salmon Calcutta & Tournament Rules
Friday and Saturday May 5th & 6th 2023
Updated February 17, 2023: Sponsored by the Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center
907-235-2600- PO Box 610 Anchor Point, AK 99556
1. Alaska State Rules - All anglers must have a 2023 Alaska Department of Fish and Game fishing license and a valid King Salmon Stamp. All anglers must comply with all Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game regulations. Accusations of ADF&G rule violations must be reported directly to the Alaska State Troopers at 235-8239. Safety equipment must be in compliance with Coast Guard regulations.
2. Registration – ONLY REGISTERED ANGLERS ARE ALLOWED ON THE VESSEL DURING TOURNAMENT. THE ONLY EXCEPTION THAT WILL BE MADE TO THIS RULE IS FOR CHARTER BOATS, GUIDES ARE ALLOWED ON THE VESSEL. EVERY CAPTAIN/BOAT OWNER MUST COMPLETE A REGISTRATION FORM PRIOR TO AUCTION. CAPTAIN/BOAT OWNER MUST INDICATE THE NUMBER OF LINES THAT WILL BE FISHING THE TOURNAMENT AND EACH ANGLER MUST SUBMIT REGISTRATION FEES AT A RATE OF $100.00/LINE. NO CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED ONCE THE AUCTION HAS BEGUN. INCLUDING NO CHANGES IN FISHERMAN, AND NO STANDBY FISHERMAN. BOATS MUST BE REGISTERED AND ALL REGISTRATION FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY 6:30 PM THE NIGHT OF THE AUCTION. ALL WINNING CALCUTTA BIDS MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY 9:00 PM THE NIGHT OF THE AUCTION. Registration can be done at the auction, or online prior to the night of the auction.
3. Communication - All participating boats must have a VHF radio or cell phone aboard. All salmon landed must be reported to Tournament Headquarters on VHF #14 or cell phone at time of landing. (Boat name, angler, time, etc.). Contact Steve Mastre @ 399-2686 at the AP Tractor Launch.
4. Boundary –These are taken directly from the regulation handbook. Boundary lines are from the South 40 Line at 59 degrees and the North 3.99 Line at 60 degrees.
5. Fishing – No proxy fishing. One (1) rod per angler. Fishing lines in no earlier than 6:00 am for all boats. Lines out at 4:00 pm for all boats. ONLY REGISTERED ANGLERS ARE ALLOWED ON THE VESSEL DURING TOURNAMENT. THE ONLY EXCEPTION THAT WILL BE MADE TO THIS RULE IS FOR CHARTER BOATS, GUIDES ARE ALLOWED ON THE VESSEL. BOAT LAUNCH WILL OPEN AT 5AM TOURNAMENT DAY.
6. Weigh In - All fish must be weighed in by the registered angler at Anchor Point Tractor Launch by 6:00 pm. All fish are subject to being gutted and inspected after the weight is recorded.
7. Prizes - All entries and prize awards are subject to review and final determination by the APCOC. All prizes may be subject to IRS withholding. IRS regulations require gambling winnings to be reported by APCOC, and winnings may be taxed. Winners will be announced at 7-7:30pm tournament day. Winnings will be distributed by APCOC within 1 week from tournament. In order to receive prize money, entrant must complete a verification of winnings form provided by APCOC.
Prizes are as follows: Calcutta boat bidder wins 50% of auction earnings. 50% to APCOC.
Youth Angler category - $250 awarded to the registered angler 16 years or younger with largest fish.
Side Bets available at $50, $150, $200 with 60/40 split favoring the winner. Each registered boat is available to enter any/all side bet categories. Each boat may only be entered one time, per side bet categories. The boat with the largest fish in each category will be the winner for that category. One angler from each boat will be designated the representative, and will be responsible for receiving and disbursing the prize money as they see fit.
Fish placements payout from boat registrations collected:
1st place fish wins 29% - 2nd place fish wins 14% - 3rd place fish wins 8% - Average Fish wins 6% - APCOC share 43%
8. Violations – All complaints of rule violations must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of the end of fishing. Vessels and anglers violating ANY tournament and state rules will be permanently banned from entering in future tournaments sponsored by the Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center.
9. Weather - In case of bad weather on Saturday May 6th, the Tournament will be postponed until Sunday May 7th, if postponement is still needed then Saturday May 13th, and then a final attempt Sunday May 14th. In case of questionable weather prior to start of fishing, the Tournament Officials will assess the conditions every thirty minutes, with the final decision for the day being made prior to 9 pm determined by Calcutta Committee.
28th Annual Anchor Point
King Salmon Calcutta Tournament Day Rules
Friday and Saturday May 5th & 6th 2023
10. Cancellation Policy – ALL ANGLERS WHO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT MUST BE AVAILABLE TO FISH BOTH DAYS OF THE FIRST WEEKEND, MAY 6TH or 7TH. REFUNDS WILL ONLY BE ISSUED IF WE ARE UNABLE TO COMMENCE THE TOURNAMENT THE FIRST WEEKEND. ANY ANGLER WHO IS NOT AVAILABLE THE ENTIRE FIRST WEEKEND, MAY 6TH or 7TH, SHOULD NOT ENTER THE TOURNAMENT. No refunds will be given for tournament entry after the start of fishing unless the tournament is canceled or postponed AFTER THE FIRST WEEKEND, MAY 6th AND MAY 7TH. If the tournament is postponed, full registration fee and/or Calcutta fee will be refunded or applied to tournament’s rescheduled day. Should an angler withdraw and there is an outstanding Calcutta Bid on that Angler’s Vessel the Calcutta Bidder shall be refunded in full. The tournament will be attempted at 6:00 am May 6th, May 7th, May 13th, and finally May 14th. Any angler who wishes to withdraw from the Tournament AFTER THE FIRST WEEKEND, MAY 6TH AND 7TH, and remain entitled to a refund must notify the Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce prior to the onset of fishing on any rescheduled day. The angler must receive confirmation from a Tournament official to be eligible for a refund. No refunds will be issued to anglers who have entered fish. Refunds will be given to those not wanting to participate on the rescheduled day only if the request is received prior to start of fishing. All refunds will be mailed or refunded to credit card to entrants within 14 working days of cancellation date.
THE FINE PRINT:
The Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center reserves the right to photograph all entrants, reproduce any photographs for publicity and retain all photo rights.
Each boat representative or buyer is responsible for receiving and disbursing the prize money as they see fit.
All tournament participants shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce (APCOC), its officers, employees, agents and contractors from any and all liability (including attorney fees) or claims for damages, including personal injuries, environmental damage, death and property damage arising out of or resulting from participating in the Annual King Salmon Calcutta Tournament. I have read and hereby agree to follow the 2023 Official Tournament Rules. My signature also authorizes the Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce to use any photograph taken of me during the Tournament for promotional and marketing purposes.
Fishing Rules Enforcement: Report any violation of tournament rules to the APCOC. If someone is breaking ADF&G or Coast Guard rules, contact the state enforcement office at 235-8239. The dispatcher will immediately contact the troopers on the water. Fish and Game Regulations: If you are 16 or older, you must have a 2023 sport fishing license or an Alaska Department of Fish and Game permanent ID (PID) card. You must have a king salmon stamp if you are an Alaska resident between the ages of 16 and 59 or you are a non-resident 16 or older.
This is not a comprehensive list of the sport fishing regulations and you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the sport fishing regulations for the waters you intend to fish.
Alaska Boating Safety Law: Just a friendly reminder about the importance of safe boating during the salmon tournament this year! If you have questions or would like to set up a vessel safety check, contact the Coast Guard Auxiliary Vessel Examiner in your area Homer: 299-0232 or 299-6150. Soldotna/Kenai/Nikiski: 776-8457 or 398-6548. Anchorage: 349-7903. You are required to meet U. S. Coast Guard safety equipment regulations and requirements. For a complete copy of Alaska’s Boating Safety law, access the link www.alaskaboatingsafety.org or contact AK Boating Law Administrator at (907) 269-8705.
Winner Announcement: 7-7:30PM - Tournament Day AT the ANCHOR POINT VFW.